Newport Beach/Orange County
The O.C. (Don't call it that) is the 3rd most populous county in California and is home to several vibrant cities like Anaheim, Fullerton, and San Clemente. It's been featured on TV in shows like The OC, Laguna Beach, and of course, Arrested Development starring Michael Cera, Jason Bateman, and David Cross.
Attractions and things to do
Balboa Island is where you can enjoy a quaint neighborhood walk, stroll along the Pier, and grab a frozen banana.
"There's always money in the Banana Stand."
San Juan Capistrano/Dana Point
San Juan Capistrano is home to one of California's famous 21 missions and is another beautiful beachside community
Down CA-1 ("the Pacific Coast Highway" or "PCH"), is a pretty state park and beach; visit the beachside brunch spot called the Beachcomber
Is it really the "Happiest Place on Earth?" Go see for yourself and decide!
Bars and Restaurants
- The Ruin Bar ($$) [Costa Mesa] Fun cocktails, quirky decor, cool patio, and a 20 minute walk from the Ayres Hotel. (It's also within range to grab a ride from the hotel's free shuttle)
- Fable & Spirit ($$) [Newport Beach] Fancy cocktail bar with seafood and tapas. A great option for dinner and drinks and only a 15 minute walk from the Newport Beach pier
- Topside Roofdeck ($$$) [Newport Beach] Oceanside rooftop deck cocktail bar with "L.A." ambience. Great sunset viewing spot for "one" nice drink, as cocktails are pricey!
- Helmsman Ale House ($$) [Newport Beach] Brewery meets tiki bar featuring seafood and American fare. Great dinner or brunch option!
- Chihuahua Cerveza ($$) [Newport Beach] What visit to Southern California would be complete without tacos? Pay a visit here for tacos, elote and a great summer outdoor seating options!